<tc>Terms of Service</tc>
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
§ 1 Scope and provider
(1) The General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "GTC") regulate the sale of products by Christina Haller, MA (Fellever & Paways e.U.) (hereinafter provider) to you, in the version valid at the time of the order .
(2) Deviating terms and conditions of the customer will be rejected.
(3) Please read these terms carefully before placing an order with Christina Haller, MA (Fellever & Paways e.U.). By placing an order with Christina Haller, MA (Fellever & Paways e.U.) you agree to the application of these Terms of Sale to your order.
(4) On Fellever & Paways e.U. we offer you the sale of the following products for dogs:
Harness, leashes, collars, bowties, hair ties and accessories for dogs
§ 2 Conclusion of the contract
(1) Contracts on this portal can only be concluded in German or English.
(2) The offers are aimed exclusively at end customers with an invoice and delivery address in:
Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Cyprus.
(3) The customer must be at least 18 years old.
(4) The presentation of the goods in the online shop does not constitute a legally effective offer. The presentation of the goods merely prompts the customer to make an offer.
(5) Your order constitutes an offer to Fellever & Paways e.U. for the conclusion of a purchase contract. The customer submits a binding offer when he has gone through the online ordering process by entering the information required there and in the last order step clicks on the "Send order" button.
(6) The purchase contract between the provider and the customer only comes into existence through a declaration of acceptance by the provider. This takes place at the earlier of the two dates, either the goods are sent or a shipping confirmation is sent by e-mail. Please note that the confirmation of receipt of your order does not constitute a declaration of acceptance in the aforementioned sense.
(7) The effectiveness of contracts for larger than normal household quantities as well as the commercial resale of the object of purchase requires the express confirmation of the provider. This refers both to the number of products ordered in one order and to placing multiple orders of the same product, where the individual orders cover a normal household quantity.
(8) Your orders will be stored with us after the conclusion of the contract. If you lose your documents relating to your orders, please contact us by e-mail or telephone. We will send you a copy of the order details.
(9) You agree to receive invoices electronically. Electronic invoices are made available to you by email or in the customer account on the website. We will inform you for each delivery in the dispatch confirmation whether an electronic invoice is available. For more information about e-invoices, visit our website.
§ 3 Prices and shipping costs
(1) Our prices include the statutory value-added tax and do not include a flat rate or surcharge for shipping costs. The surcharges for shipping costs vary depending on the type of delivery and the nature of the item.
(2) Despite our best efforts, a small number of products in our catalog may be mispriced. We verify prices when we process your order and before we take payment. If a product is incorrectly priced and the correct price is higher than the price on the website, we will contact you before the goods are dispatched to ask whether you wish to purchase the product at the correct price or cancel the order . If the correct price of a product is lower than the price we quote, we will charge the lower amount and ship the product to you.
(3) The prices at the time of the order apply. If list prices are available, the list prices valid at the time of the order apply.
§ 4 Delivery and Cancellation
(1) Unless otherwise agreed, delivery will be made to the delivery address specified by the customer. On the website you will find information on the availability of products made by Fellever & Paways e.U. are sold (e.g. on the respective product detail page). We would like to point out that all information on the availability, shipping or delivery of a product is only expected information and approximate guide values. They do not represent any binding or guaranteed shipping or delivery dates, unless this is expressly designated as a binding date in the shipping options for the respective product.
(2) If Fellever & Paways e.U. determines during the processing of your order that the products you have ordered are not available, you will be informed of this separately by e-mail or by a message in your customer account. The legal claims of the customer remain unaffected.
(3) If delivery to the customer is not possible because the delivered goods do not fit through the front door, front door or stairwell of the customer or because the customer cannot be found at the delivery address specified by him, although the delivery time was announced to the customer within a reasonable period of time, the customer bears the costs for the unsuccessful delivery.
(4) The delivery takes place after the conclusion of the contract.
(5) If your order is shipped in more than one package, you may receive a separate shipping confirmation for each package. In this case, a separate purchase contract is concluded between us for each shipping confirmation for the products listed in the respective shipping confirmation. The contractual partner is Christina Haller, MA (Fellever & Paways e.U.). Notwithstanding your right of withdrawal, you can cancel your order for a product at any time free of charge before the relevant shipping confirmation has been sent.
§ 5 inch
(1) If you buy products from Fellever & Paways e.U. If you order for delivery outside of the European Union, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the designated destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you; we have no control over these charges. Customs regulations vary greatly from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for more information.
(2) Please also note that when ordering from Fellever & Paways eU. be considered an importer and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you receive the products. The protection of your data is important to us and we would like to make our international customers aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. For more information, please read our customs information.
§ 6 Payment
(1) The customer can pay for the goods using the following payment methods:
- Shopify Payments
(2) Certain payment methods can be excluded by the provider in individual cases.
(3) The customer is not permitted to pay for the goods by sending cash or checks.
(4) If the customer chooses an online payment method, the customer thereby authorizes the provider to collect the amounts due at the time of the order.
(5) If the provider offers payment in advance and the customer chooses this payment method, the customer must transfer the invoice amount to the provider's account within five calendar days of receipt of the order. Accordingly, the provider reserves the goods for five calendar days.
(6) If the provider offers payment by credit card and the customer chooses this payment method, the customer expressly authorizes the provider to collect the amounts due after dispatch of the partial deliveries or deliveries of goods.
(7) If the provider offers payment by direct debit and the customer chooses this payment method, the customer gives the provider a SEPA basic mandate. If, when paying by direct debit, a payment transaction is reversed due to insufficient funds in the account or due to incorrectly transmitted bank details, the customer must bear the costs for this.
(8) If the provider offers payment in advance and the customer chooses this payment method, the customer undertakes to pay the invoice amount within 14 days of dispatch of the goods without any discount being deducted.
(9) If the customer is in default with the payment, the provider reserves the right to assert the damage caused by the delay.
§ 7 Offset and right of retention
(1) The customer only has the right to offset if the customer's counterclaim has been legally established or has not been disputed by the provider.
(2) The customer can only exercise a right of retention if your counterclaim is based on the same contractual relationship.
§ 8 Retention of title
Christina Haller, MA (Fellever & Paways e.U.) retains ownership of the goods until full payment.
§ 9 Transport damage
(1) If the customer receives the goods with obvious transport damage, the provider asks him to complain as soon as possible.
(2) If the customer fails to make a complaint, this has no consequences for the statutory warranty rights. The purpose of the complaint is that the provider can assert his own claims against the carrier.
§ 10 Right of defects
(1) If the customer is a consumer, the warranty and liability for defects of the delivered object of purchase are based on the statutory provisions: According to this, customers in the European Union have a period of two years in addition to their 30-day return guarantee warranty rights from the delivery of the goods and can repair or replace the Fellever & Paways eU. products purchased if they turn out to be defective or not as described. If the goods cannot be repaired or replaced within a reasonable time or without difficulty, you can request a refund or reduction of the purchase price.
(2) In the case of used goods, the warranty period may be shorter than two years.
(3) If the customer is not a consumer, the defect will be remedied by new delivery or new performance.
(4) If the customer is not a consumer, the limitation period is one year. This applies to the extent that no claims for damages or reimbursement of expenses are asserted for compensation for damage to body and health or for intent or gross negligence.
§ 11 Limitation of Liability (Products)
(1) The provider is liable for claims for damages by the customer resulting from injury to life, limb, health or from the breach of essential contractual obligations, as well as for other damages resulting from their intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty, or a the legal representatives or vicarious agents of the provider.
(2) Essential contractual obligations are obligations whose fulfillment is necessary to achieve the objective of the contract.
(3) The provider is liable for violations of essential contractual obligations that are based on contract-typical, foreseeable damage, provided that the damage was caused by simple negligence. This limitation does not apply to claims for damages by the customer based on injury to life, limb or health.
(4) The provisions of the Product Liability Act remain unaffected.
(5) Insofar as the liability of Fellever & Paways e.U. excluded or limited, this also applies to the personal liability of employees, representatives and vicarious agents.
§ 12 Revocation instructions
All information on the right of withdrawal can be found separately under "Revocation instructions".
(1) If personal data (e.g. name, address, e-mail address) is collected, we undertake to obtain your prior consent. We undertake not to pass on any data to third parties unless you have given your prior consent.
(2) We would like to point out that the transmission of data on the Internet (e.g. by e-mail) can have security gaps. Accordingly, error-free and trouble-free protection of third-party data cannot be fully guaranteed. In this regard, our liability is excluded.
(3) Third parties are not authorized to use contact data for commercial activities if the provider has given the persons concerned prior written consent.
(4) You have the right at any time from Fellever & Paways e.U. to receive complete and free information about the database concerning you.
(5) Furthermore, the user has the right to correction/deletion of data/restriction of processing.
(6) Further information on data protection can be found in the separate data protection declaration. This can be accessed under "Data protection".
§ 14 Cookies
(4) We would like to point out that some of these cookies are transferred from our server to your computer system, most of which are so-called session-related cookies. Session-related cookies are characterized by the fact that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive after the end of the browser session. Other cookies remain on your computer system and enable us to recognize your computer system on your next visit (so-called permanent cookies).
(5) You can object to the storage of cookies. A banner is available to you for this purpose, which you can object to/accept.
(6) Of course you can set your browser so that no cookies are stored on the hard drive or cookies that have already been stored are deleted. Instructions for preventing and deleting cookies can be found in the help function of your browser or software manufacturer.
§ 15 Place of jurisdiction and applicable law
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively to differences of opinion and disputes arising from this contract, excluding the UN Sales Convention.
(2) The sole place of jurisdiction for orders from merchants, legal entities under public law or special funds under public law is the registered office of the provider.
§ 16 Gift Cards
(1 ) Gift cards that can be purchased via the seller's online shop (hereinafter "gift cards") can only be redeemed in the seller's online shop, unless otherwise stated in the gift cards.
(2 ) Gift cards and remaining balances of gift cards can be redeemed up to the end of the third year after the year of the gift card purchase. Remaining credit will be credited to the customer by the expiration date.
(3) Gift cards can only be redeemed before completing the ordering process. Subsequent settlement is not possible.
(4) Only one gift card can be redeemed per order.
(5) Gift cards can only be used for the purchase of goods and not for the purchase of others gift cards can be used.
(6) If the value of the gift card is not sufficient to cover the order, one of the other payment methods offered by the seller can be chosen to settle the difference.
(7) The balance of a gift card is neither paid out in cash nor does it earn interest
(8) The gift card is only intended for use by the person named on it. A transfer of the gift card to third parties is excluded. The seller is entitled, but not obliged, to check the material entitlement of the respective voucher holder.
§ 17 Final Provisions
(1) Contract language is German. The English translation is for guidance only.
(2) We do not offer any products or services for sale by minors. If you are under 18, you may Fellever & Paways e.U. use only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian.
(3) If you breach these Terms and we do nothing about it, we shall still be entitled to exercise our rights on any other occasion where you breach these Terms of Sale.
(4) We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, terms and conditions including these Terms and Conditions at any time. Your order will be subject to the terms and conditions of sale, contract terms and general terms and conditions in force at the time you place your order, unless a change to these terms is required by law or official order (in which case they will also apply to orders that you have previously made). If any provision of these Terms of Sale is held invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
(5) The ineffectiveness of a provision does not affect the effectiveness of the other provisions of the contract. Should this occur, the meaning and purpose of the provision should be replaced by another legally permissible provision that corresponds to the meaning and purpose of the invalid provision..